Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fluid Mechanics is a Drag

by:Jeniffer Regel

I would like to know,
Why a ten a.m. class on fluid flow?
Conservation of energy will even state,
A body not in motion will be late.
Oh the misery of an alarm's persistence,
When one must awake to a shower's flow resistance.

Bernoulli, Bernoulli, why "Hydrodynamics"?
More useful would be Opposite Gender Mechanics!
For when I explain the buoyant force of a sphere,
My dinner date edges away further, not near.
Oh, this boy is much more dense than Hg,
(That's okay; we pity those with a business degree!)

They will never know a floating body will be stable,
When the center of buoyancy is above the navel.
Or that Fluid Dynamics goes much beyond a pipe,
Density and velocity are not just hype.
When multiplied by Diameter and divided by mu,
We can understand that Reynolds' numbers are TRUE!

This class has had me thinking in many dimensions,
Buckingham Pi I won't even mention!
Two armed sprinklers and angles galore,
Just thinking about them makes my head sore.
Time to take some Tylenol and load up my bag,
Fluid Mechanics can be such a Drag!

No comments:

Post a Comment